ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Monday, December 17, 2012

The second week has been awesome. In fact, just before coming in to email I was stuck in a crazy bad downpour! We had to absolutely book it to get from our car to indoors. And I still got absolutely drenched! I got to attend a ward member's baptism this week. I said the closing prayer and was able to participate in giving the Holy Ghost. Super neat!! I have now been a part of 3 blessings for the healing of the sick as well. Love the opportunities to serve and use the Priesthood I've been given. As Christmas is approaching, it has been getting harder and harder to schedule appointments with people. They (unfortunately) have less and less time for God as Christmas of all days approaches. Which is just what Satan wants, unfortunately. Hopefully we are never too busy to hear a message from one of Christ's servants, because if we are, we sure are busier than what He would want us to be! I hope ya'll make time (lots of it) for God this Christmas season. And I know each one of you will. I have heard about the shooting if you are wondering, and it makes me sick just thinking about it. But I take comfort in knowing that God has a plan for each of us, and that that is and was not the end for the innocent blood that was spilled. Read Alma 14: 1-11 It has brought me a lot of comfort and understanding, and I know it will for you as well, especially as the last days approach. :) I have been teaching A LOT of Hispanics thus far. It's unfortunate, because we don't have any Spanish speaking missionaries in our zone, so we just have to get a member who speaks Spanish to come translate for us. We have more Spanish speakers currently than we do English speakers! I am just about over my illness, still have some lingering effects but nothing too horrible.....

No comments:

Post a Comment