ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

First transfer week

This is my first transfer week! I just read the transfer email. It looks as though Elder Davis is going to be the new District Leader for the Perdido district (the one that we are in). This Wednesday will be the start of his 5th transfer out. He just hit his 6 month mark 3 days ago. So that is certainly exciting! He'll be training and will be the District Leader! Poor soul. Haha other than that not a ton to report on in terms of transfers. It's exciting though! I kinda figured it was coming, to be completely honest. He's a good Elder!.......... And hopefully ya'll are giving out my address to people! The mail I get currently is either from Brooklyn or from family. Which is bittersweet because I feel like I have the coolest family ever, but makes me think I have only 1 friend! Ha. And I know Curtis and Josh just laugh every time they read my emails. I know exactly what is going through their mind " Poor guy. He just doesn't get it yet. Friends won't write you!!" Yes, I know mail usually comes to a screeching halt from friends, but I don't feel like I've even given them the opportunity to stop writing me! Anyway, anything ya'll could do to get me some addresses and encourage some letters would be sweet. You wouldn't think so, but it really helps. Which brings me to my next point, thank you for all the love and support I am getting on the home front. It's apparent I am a loved by my family. I love to read the emails ya'll send, and have really enjoyed the handwritten things I've received as well. I love to hear from you, hear what you are doing, how things are going and all that jazz. So thank you all for that! The work is progressing! We had my first 0 lesson day on saturday. That was a huge bummer. Elder Davis and I are working our tails off. We really are. We are not trying as hard as we need to be though, and there are loads of things we could be doing better. We are not as obedient as we need to be, and don't do everything like we are supposed to. Now, pay attention, because here comes the thunder. Elder Davis and I are trying as hard as we can to be perfect. Yet, we never will be. If I were a perfectly obedient missionary I would be a perfect person. To be exactly obedient would mean that you obey all of God's commandments, 100% of the time. Whether they be commandments given by way of the missionary handbook, or by the scriptures, or the current prophet, whatever. And unfortunately, I am not perfect. There are things that I need to improve upon each and every day. And I do. At least I try to. So, when you think about how I am doing, don't think that I am doing everything exactly how God wants me to do it, because sadly, I'm not yet. I wish I could say that I was obeying absolutely perfectly, but I'm not. I really hope I can get there some day, but for now, I know God is pleased with my efforts to do my very best. And I fall short each and every day. But hopefully, by the end of my life, I can look back and see the improvements that have been made because of my willingness to change and to grow, and be completely happy and satisfied with my efforts to become more like Jesus Christ. I pray that each one of you are evaluating the person you are each and every day, remembering and accepting the mistakes you've made, and then praying with all your heart to God to help you overcome those things. I know this is what we were sent here on this Earth to do. And through Jesus Christ and His Atonement, I know that as we take the sacrament each week we will know we made mistakes, yet we will know God forgives them and is very pleased with our efforts to become more like Him. I love you all. I am trying my very hardest to be the person you hope and pray that I become. I can't wait to have ties with you all for the rest of eternity. With all my love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment