ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Transfers

I am pleased to report that I am going to be in the fox run area a bit longer! At least for 6 more weeks. Super cool! We are getting 18 more sisters this transfer. Our mission is really growing. It's wild! Also, Elder Davis will still be here as well. Missionary work-wise, most notably we no longer have any BCD's, but we have recently picked up a former, and she is so solid. We will meet with her today, hopefully! Extending the commitment to be baptized, too! So hopefully that goes well. So as I am extending all sorts of commitments to people in preparation for baptism, I realized that some of the things I am asking people to do, I myself did not do when I was home. I want to ask each of you, to go through Preach My Gospel, lessons 1-5, and look at the commitments I am extending to people. Commitments people have to agree to live before they can be baptized and cleansed of their sins. We promise God to "keep His commandments which He has given them" when we take the sacrament. Please, don't let Satan tell you that God just merely suggests things for you and I to do. God is all knowing, all powerful, and knows what we need.I know that as you look through the things in lessons 1-5, (and particularly 4 & 5) you will grow closer to Jesus Christ, and feel His love more abundantly, because you are becoming who you were sent to the Earth to become. Other than that, not much to say! I love and miss you all, and am so excited to hear from you when I get the chance. I can't wait for the day I get to see you all again. With love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment