ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The past month for Elder Smith has had its ups and downs as missions do. The three investigators that were to be baptized all fell through. One as a result of her husband not allowing it to take place and the other two due to non church attendance. However, he states, “We have seen a lot of success recently in the work of returning members to the church. We are working with a lot of members who have had the desire to return sparked with in them, and it feels great to help them return. The investigator side is going well too. As y'all know, I still haven't seen anyone enter into the covenant of baptism, but that's alright. Helping people change their lives is what I'm here to do. And I am seeing that happen with members and nonmembers alike. As long as I am bringing people closer to Christ (or at least doing my best to) I'm happy! I have had lots of fun with the work this week. It is awesome to be transformed by God each and every day. That's something I want to have happen for the rest of my life!” In other news, they got a brand spankin new car, a 2013 Toyota Corolla and when they got it it only had 173 miles on it. He's getting introduced to the humidity there and gearing up for hurricane season! The lightening and thunderstorms are quite crazy he states. He continues to work out, has gained some muscle mass and says he'll be Hulk Hogan before we all know it! Kevin's mission President is soon to be realeased. He's in his last few weeks. Kevin has developed a strong admiration for President Jensen and will be sad to see him leave. He says, “As President Jensen's stay is beginning to end, I am having some mixed emotions. The work will go forward, the mission will get better, I will grow, but I still will miss him and his counsel. He is a great man. One of the most knowledgeable, intelligent, and obedient men I have ever met. I hope I can someday live up to the Christlike examples that have been set before me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment