ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Monday, September 2, 2013

September's Hero......The late Elder Wiberg

My hero for the month is Jason Wiberg. For every reason possible. As you know, he was killed a week ago while serving as a missionary in Singapore. He was hit by a car while he was out biking. I am so moved by Elder Wiberg. He obviously had no idea he was going to get hit that day. He did not know that his final day on this earth was going to be spent serving in God's army. But I know he lived his life in a way that was pleasing to God. The scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon, teaches me that this life is a time for us to prepare to meet God. And that this is a time for us to learn the lessons in the flesh that we need to learn in order to become like our Savior. As he was a missionary, we know that God trusted him with some amazing things. God trusted him with the calling to share his testimony full time with the world. He was given the Melchizedek Priesthood, which means he was worthy to act in God's name. He was representing the Savior himself until his very last breath. God obviously saw that he was righteous. Amazingly righteous. He learned all the lessons he needed to in this mortal life. I just think about him, and how righteous and Christlike he must have been like, in order for God to call him out of mortality like that. By the reaction of his parents, I think you can just see how solid he was. From what my mission president told me, his parents were handling it very well. Not cursing or questioning God, but showing true faith during undoubtedly the hardest time of their lives. I will forever be grateful for the exchange I had with him in the MTC. He was so happy. Excited to see me, wanted to talk with me, was so so stoked about going to the field to teach. He saw me, immediately gave me a hug, and asked how I was doing, told me how excited he was to see me. I cannot wait to have the same type of greeting on the other side of the veil. I really cannot say enough about Jason. But I will forever be grateful for the sacrifice he made on behalf of God's children. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865585314/Parents-couldnt-be-more-proud-of-late-LDS-missionary.html

No comments:

Post a Comment