ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Worry not....

Elder Smith started his email this week talking about his recent chest pains and discomfort as many have expressed an interest in how he's doing with that. It doesn't sound like he's over it unfortunately, but says he's doing alright and not to worry. He said, “ I have had to take some extra time to sleep recently. I have been treated for inflamation around the heart. They had me take NSAID pain relievers. That was not working. I called the mission Dr, he wanted to see if it was heartburn. I have been taking Prevacid, which you are to take once a day. He is having me take it 2 times a day. And I think that is what has been wiping me out. And, it isn't helping either. But I think I could have told you that was gonna be the case before I even took this! It does not feel like acid reflux in the slightest. So, I have yet to receive any answers on why I am having pains. Or where they are coming from. It seems as though they have ruled some things out though, which is great! The 2nd EKG they did showed different results than the first. The cardiologist did not seem worried about the 1st EKG result in the slightest. Neither did the mission Dr, for that matter! Now, just to say, "But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole." Luke 8:50. Stop the fear, stop the doubt, then God can work miracles. So, please, stop all the worry. Just trust that God knows what He is doing, and that this is something that just needs to be, and then maybe I will be healed. Deal? That is really all I will say about it. But I will keep you informed on what is happening. The pain is not bad enough or frequent enough to keep me from working though!.......” He went on to share these other things that have been going on. “I got a sweet new teal tie. Elder Dattilo's girlfriend's roomate has been sending me some letters. Angie is still willing to talk with us, she is just far more... closed off than she was before. There was going to be a baptism in the ward Saturday for another set of missionaries. It fell through......... And we are trying to find some new investigators!! It has not rained here in ages. We went on a trade off with the zone leaders on Friday. I really really enjoyed that. We met a man tracting. Right next to the church. 33 years old, in a red shirt, backwards cap, gold grill on the top teeth, african american. He let us right in. He shared that he had previously been a drug dealer, but that he gave up that life. Told him he could find greater love and peace with his family through this message. And then we set a baptismal date with him! It was... Amazing. We had miracles happen that day. Found a million and a half potentials and some investigators..... I don't have much more to say other than I am loving the mission. I am dreading the fact that today marks 11 months. I don't want this experience to end. I have so much to learn, so much to experience, so many people to help before I can even think about leaving. So pray that I get my stuff together and make it happen! I love you. :)” Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment