ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Monday, November 4, 2013

Smith, Smith and Smith!!

It feels like coming home, I have to tell you. Being in the Pensacola ward is fantastic. Today bumped into a former investigator I had in Fox Run who is going to let me refer the sisters there to teach her again. Also on Wednesday, the first day that I was back, I saw one of the ladies from Fox Run that, while I was there, was having the hardest titme ever. I may have mentioned that this lady had had it worse than anyone I'd ever seen or heard. Well, I saw her at Wal Mart, and to my great surprise, she's active!! One of the people living at the house she rents got baptized!! And, not only that, but guess who baptized him?! TJ! Ahhhh. I got to see TJ on Wednesday too. Man, it has been awesome. I am humbled and feel beyond blessed to be back.
 As for the work in Pensacloa, it is going really well. We have a baptismal date we set yesterday with a 20 year old named Michael. He is getting married the week before and should be ready to go on the 23rd! So that is just awesome. Tomorrow we go on a trade off with the Zone Leaders, Elder Wilkey and Elder Frederikson. That should be very fun! We are gonna blitz the area... So we'll see how that goes! They are also going to be attending (and evaluating) my first district meeting ever! So that'll be kinda weird too I suppose. But I'm excited. Also, Elder Wilkey was my first zone leader! (Yep, he's still here) There is work to be done here in Pensacola, and I get the feeling I am needed here. Y'all remember me mentioning Brother Iosefa? Well, he and his wife are in this ward now!! They were one of my favorites from Fox Run. :) They are polynesian, and I sent a pic of him playing the ukelele? Yeah! Those ones. In this ward we have 4 missionaries: Elder Smith, Elder Smith, Sister Fisher, and you guessed it, Sister Smith!! Haha that has been causing everyone to lol out loud. :)
I talked to Angie via email today. And oh my goodness. I am so happy!! She said she is going to get baptized. That she has just had tons of fears and demons to get over. But that she finally feels like she is ready. I cannot tell you all how happy that makes me!! It just blows my mind. I saw her Wednesday before I headed out, she was one of the last ones I saw! But she really has been opening up, as I had been opening up! She pretty much just spilled all the beans today. And I still get to teach her a little something something every Pday! I am so grateful for that. It was not easy leaving that family! But luckily President has allowed me to continue to keep in touch and encourage her. :)
As for my health: It's the same. I actually woke up today with a monster headache. But I have determined not to let it keep me down! Well, I love you all. Miss you like crazy. But in the same breath, am so glad to get to be out here. It rocks! I love you!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment