ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Monday, October 27, 2014

2 October weeks

October 20th......Zone training was this past week. I feel like I got a lot out of it. But I always feel that way! Haha I also gave a talk yesterday on "Hastening the Work of Salvation." Sweet right? I was glad to have been able to do it.
We did in fact have to send Elder Owens back home and also received a different missionary from the MTC. His name is Elder Piiparinen. He's from Wyoming, and yes, no one can pronounce his name. Haha! He's stellar. He is going to be a fantastic missionary! Elder Douglas is the one that has been assigned to be his trainer. He'll do a great job as well!
I have my exit interview with President Smith this Thursday. That'll be a rough one for me! Haha I got papers saying I need to pack and get things ready... Not all that stoked about that either! I talked to President Smith on Saturday night and I asked him if there was anything else I could do for him, and he said "don't show up on the 7th" haha!! I said, "don't think I haven't thought about it."
The work is also well. I think that Callaway will soon be getting a set of spanish speaking elders. That was the reason for the phone call with president. We just keep finding them. This place is chalk full of latinos! It's awesome. Hopefully that will help these people progress!
I don't have too much else for you. There aren't any scheduled baptisms right now, but we are still tryin to kick some booty preparing people to receive the ordinances of salvation. I love you guys!

October 27th.......Hiya! Let me give you an update on life here. Interviews with Pres got cancelled cause he was sick, so they are taking place this week instead. We go on a trade off with the zone leaders this week, which, as you know, is always a good time for me. The work is still going well too! We are working in overdrive trying to get these people prepared to make and keep sacred covenants! A lot of the people we are currently seeing have a bit of a hot then cold streak, ya know? We have been struggling in our finding a lot recently. So we will make that a more concentrated effort this week.
My life is great right now though! Trying to give my heart and soul before having to return home. Trying to learn and serve and give as best that I can! And I love it. Absolutely love it! And I love you all the same. :)

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment