ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

ELDER KEVIN T. SMITH

Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference and closing in on mission's end

Hello all! Is everyone pumped to be alive? I am! It's a pretty swell time to be a member of the church. I loved general conference, and was super edified and uplifted. When we set our goals this week, we had forgotten that it was general conference week. And then Elder Owens went to the emergency room... So we unfortunately were not able to see as many people and give them a Spirit bomb (I like to call it that for whatever reason) as we would've liked! Ah well. All is well that ends well! And these people will be able to successfully endure to the end, I know it! :)
My companions enjoy the past time of "reminding Elder Smith of how much time he has left." It is done in fun and in good taste. But as the end truly is drawing nigh, it has caused me to reflect on the person I am, and the person I am becoming. And I am so pleased and happy with who I have become. I am still working on like a kajillion things, but I have never been a better person than I am now. And I believe that is the miracle of the teachings that we try to follow. The natural result of following Christ is goodness. Which means He is Good! There is not another man that has walked this earth that you could follow in both his example and spoken word like Jesus. Others can preach and teach, but His life emulated in our own just feels amazing! So much joy and satisfaction. Especially when you can feel a forgiveness of those things which you have done wrong. That is the reason I like to do missionary work. That is the reason I share my testimony. That is the reason we all came to earth. To experience the sweet peace that can come in receiving God's love, and then trying to help Him share it with others around you. :)

I love you all. I hope that you watched all of conference, and if not, will go back and watch it. It was amazing, and is absolutely what God needed us to hear. I look forward to hearing from y'all next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment